skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Jasmines Birth Story
I started having contractions @ 4:30am on October 29th. I thought it was just gas pains, until they continued to come for the rest of the day. I had a pre-natal appointment that day @ 3 anyways, so I was not to concerned. Curtis & I went to my pre-natal appointment, and they hooked me up to the monitor, it showed I was having contractions, but no often enough and I was only about 1 cm dialated, so they made us walk around the hospital for over an hour to see if that would help things along. After that they checked me again, and no progress so they said to go home. We went to Curtis’s parents and had supper, I only managed to eat a tiny bit, because my contractions had been getting worse. Then we stopped @ my moms, and we started timing the contractions again. The hospital said to wait until they were 2-3 min apart, mine at this point were between 5-7 min apart. But they were so much more intense! So mom and Curtis made me go back to the hospital, Curtis lied and said they were 4-5 min apart lol. So they got me in there ( it had only been about 3 hours since we were @ the hospital), and when the doctor came in and checked me I was 4-5 cm, she was like “wow… your definitely staying”. Curtis thought it was great watching the machine monitor my contractions and the babies heart rate. He was like “ oh wow that’s a bad one”, no crap it’s a bad one, im the one feeling it.. haha. Gotta love him. When the contractions got worse I went in the Jacuzzi tub.. and oh my was it heavenly, but even that was doing nothing for me in a short time, so they gave me the gas while I was in there. I LOVE the gas haha. Its one of the weirdest feelings I have ever had, it makes you feel like your whole body is numb, you can still feel the contraction but its like u don’t even really notice it or care. Curtis & my mom were laughing there butts off at me when I was sucking that gas. I only went through 1 tank though. After awhile in the tub, nothing was helping and I felt the urge to push, so they quickly got me out of the tub. I pushed for a lil over an hour and @ 12:55 (55 min into October 30th :D) Jasmine Elizabeth Palin was born. When I was pushing, they kept saying “oh I see the head!”, I looked at them and was just like “ I don’t care!” lol. It was painful. I ended up having to get 3 stitches cause my lil jasmine came out with one hand up by her ear. And since my placenta would not come out on its own I had to be taken to the OR to get it out, which worked out kind of nice, cause they had to put me under for that, so they just did the stitches then, so I never felt I thing. Kinda weird waking up in a completely different room from what u went to sleep in though haha.
Anyways, she was 7 pounds 10 ounces, 21 ¼ inches long, and has lots of bright red hair and blue eyes like her mommy :D. When she came out she just let one lil cry out of her, and was calm from then on. It was hilarious, cause everyone was going on about how much she was takin after me (the hair, the eyes, and Curtis says she has my ears haha), yet before they could even get a diaper on her she pooped 3 times! Mom & me were like “definitely curtis’s lil girl” lol. The first time I breast fed she latched on perfect, and after the feeding, before I could even get her to my shoulder to burp her, she burped for me. She barely cried at all. She is just a angel baby, I consider myself very blessed. 

No comments:
Post a Comment